Who needs a COVID Management Plan
A COVID Management Plan is a unique and comprehensive plan that must be specific to your venue or activity. The plan sets out how a high-risk activity will be managed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 between patrons/attendees and staff.
High-risk public activities that require a COVID Management Plan include:
- gatherings and activities of more than 1,000 people
- licensed premises where entertainment of a sexually explicit nature is provided.
COVID Management Plans must be approved by SA Health before you can conduct the above activities.
In some cases, your events/business/activity may require both a COVID Management Plan and a COVID-Safe Plan for each vendor.
Defined public activities under 1,000 people
Venues or activities with no drinking or dancing
Venues or activities with drinking and dancing with fewer than 1000 patrons
Activities, events, gatherings over 1,000 people
COVID Management Plan
Licensed premises where entertainment of a sexually explicit nature is provided
COVID Management Plan
Activities, events, gatherings with over 1,000 people that has multiple individual vendors
COVID Management Plan for the event/activity and a COVID-Safe Plan for each vendor
When to submit your COVID Management Plan
To allow time for you plan to be reviewed and assessed, ensure your plan is submitted at least 4 weeks before your event or your event’s critical date.
Creating your COVID Management Plan
- Confirm your activity requires a COVID Management Plan.
- Download the COVID Management Plan Template (DOCX, 625.6 KB)
- Review the Guidance and FAQs documents.
- Seek additional advice to complete the plan if required. Industry-specific advice is available at: www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au
- When your COVID Management Plan is complete, email the final copy and any supporting documentation to: Health.COVIDManagementPlan@sa.gov.au
- You will be notified in writing by SA Health on the outcome of the assessment if your plan has been approved, denied or where you may have received conditional approval subject to some changes.
- Once your plan is approved, it is your responsibility to implement the control measures in accordance with your plan.
Approved COVID Management Plan Events
COVID Management Plans must be approved by SA Health before the activity or event is conducted.
See a list of upcoming once-off and ongoing SA Health-Approved COVID Management Plan events.
COVID Management Plans
If you require assistance or have any queries about COVID Management Plans, you can contact your local industry association or peak body, or contact SA Health.
Call the SA COVID-19 Information line 1800 253 787
Cross border travel
Risk mitigation plans
General COVID-19 information
SA COVID-19 Information line 1800 253 787 offers local information and advice on general COVID-19 information for South Australians (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, every day)
Enter the dimensions of a room or space, in metres, to find out the area and maximum number of people allowed.
people (excluding staff).