There is one new case of COVID-19 today. There has been a total of 911 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a male in his teens who travelled on flight VA219 from Melbourne to Adelaide on 4 October. He has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival. Flight VA219 will now be treated as a transmission site and SA Health are ensuring that quarantine arrangements for all passengers reflect this higher level of concern.
A location listed yesterday evening has been revised. We are aware the truck driver reported yesterday did not QR check-in at sites therefore we may see further exposure locations listed as new information comes to light.
TIER 3 Exposure Site:
- Port Augusta – Port Augusta On The Run, cnr Augusta Hwy and Northern Power Station Rd
Friday 8 October – 11.00pm to Saturday 9 October 12.30am
(*formally listed as Port Augusta BP Nullabor Truckstop)
South Australia COVID-19 total cases
- 1 new case today
- 0 people currently in hospital
- 5 active COVID-19 cases
- 1 overseas acquired
- 4 interstate acquired
- 911 confirmed cases in total
- 901 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 5,228 tests yesterday
- 2,304,811 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection eg, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
South Australian vaccination update
- 1,859,448 total vaccines administered in South Australia
- 72.6% first dose vaccinated
- 54.7% second dose vaccinated
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.