There is one new reported case of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 892 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 20s who acquired his infection interstate and has been isolating in a hotel since arrival. A number of exposure locations located in the vicinity of the airport are listed below.
TIER 1 Exposure Sites:
If you were at the below locations at the specified date and time, you and your household contacts must immediately quarantine for 14 days since you were at the location, get tested immediately and get tested again on day 5 and day 13. Visit the SA Health website to complete an online form and notify SA Health you were at this location.
Virgin flight VA406 Sydney to Adelaide
- Friday 10 September - arrived 9:20am
TIER 2 Exposure Sites:
If you were at the below locations at the specified date and time, you must immediately quarantine for 14 days since you were at the location, get tested immediately and get tested again on day 5 and day 13.
Adelaide Airport – Adelaide Airport, Male Toilet (Ground Floor under escalator)
- Friday 10 September – 9.40am to 10.10am
Adelaide Airport – Adelaide Airport COVID-19 testing site (SA Pathology)
- Friday 10 September – 9.45am to 10.20am
TIER 3 Exposure Sites:
If you were at the below locations at the specified date and time, you must get a COVID-19 test as soon as possible and quarantine until you receive a negative result, then get tested again on day 5 and day 13 after the last day you were at the location. There is no requirement to quarantine after the day 5 and 13 test, unless you have symptoms.
Adelaide Airport – Adelaide Airport
- Friday 10 September – 9.20am to 10.15am
Adelaide Airport – Atura Hotel, Guests in lobby
- Friday 10 September – 9.30am to 10.30am
For more information and a list of testing sites visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
South Australia COVID-19 total cases
- 1 new case today
- 0 people currently in hospital
- 8 active COVID-19 cases
- 7 overseas acquired
- 1 interstate acquired
- 892 confirmed cases in total
- 880 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 5,110 tests yesterday
- 2,157,507 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection eg, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
South Australian vaccination update
- Commonwealth vaccination figures were not available at the time of publication
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.