There has been one new case of COVID-19 today. There have now been a total of 520 cases reported in South Australia.
South Australian COVID-19 Cases
Today’s case is a man in his 50s who recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
- 1 new cases today
- 17 active COVID-19 cases
- 3,312 tests yesterday
- 582,367 tests in total
- 520 confirmed cases in total
- 499 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
The case reported yesterday remains under investigation to determine whether it represents an old infection with ongoing viral shedding.If you have, or if you know someone with symptoms of COVID-19, encourage them to seek testing as soon as symptoms appear.
Once you get a test, return home immediately and wait for your results. If you receive a negative test result, you should still stay at home and not attend work, school or childcare until you are feeling well again.
Do not go to public places if you are unwell – this includes work, education, childcare, shopping centres, sporting events, social or religious gatherings.
Everyone must continue to follow measures that will help stop the spread. Practice good hygiene, keep 1.5 metres distance from others and stay at home if you are unwell.
People experiencing any of the following symptoms should be tested for COVID-19:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. symptoms of cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
Call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787, or go to www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019, for more information.