There have been two new cases of COVID-19 today, both reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 626 cases notified in South Australia.
One case is a man in his 50s who recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival. His case is considered an old infection but has been added to our case numbers as he has not been diagnosed and counted overseas.
The other case is a man in his 30s who recently returned from overseas and has been in medi-hotel since his arrival. Serology is underway to determine if this is an old infection.
The most recent testing results received last night of wastewater in the CBD have returned negative. We will continue to take regular samples and monitor trends, with the most likely explanation for higher results over the weekend being attributed to shedding of old cases and the high concentration of visitors in the CBD.
For more information and the latest updates visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
South Australia COVID-19 update
- 2 new cases today
- 10 active COVID-19 cases, all overseas acquired
- 634 confirmed cases in total
- 620 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 1,943 tests yesterday
- 1,130,470 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787 | sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019
SA Health-administered vaccination update
- 148 vaccines administered yesterday
- 7,272 total vaccines administered to date
Find more information on South Australia's COVID-19 vaccine roll out at www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.