There have been 18 new cases of COVID-19 today in people aged one through to their 80s, taking South Australia’s total number of cases to 544.
South Australian COVID-19 Cases
- 18 new cases today
- 34 active COVID-19 cases
- 1,873 tests yesterday
- 590,881 tests in total
- 544 confirmed cases in total
- 506 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
Parafield Cluster update
- Thirteen of today’s cases are linked to the cluster
- In addition, there are three suspected cases in children
- Two cases are hospitalised in a stable condition
- All remaining positive cases are in a medi-hotel
- Total number of cases and suspected cases linked to the cluster is 19 people
Five of the 18 cases reported today are international arrivals who are currently in a medi-hotel.
More than 590,500 tests have been undertaken. We are dealing with record numbers of people seeking testing and we’re working hard to extend operating hours and capacity at our COVID testing sites. If you were unable to get tested today but you have symptoms, please visit a testing site tomorrow. For a list of sites visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidtesting
From midnight tonight, a number of new restrictions will come into effect. Details on this site will be updated accordingly. A summary is available on the COVID-19 Response page.
There are health alerts currently in place for a number of locations and more details and advice can be found at http://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
People experiencing any of the following symptoms should be tested for COVID-19:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. symptoms of cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
Call the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787, or go to www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019, for more information.