There is one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There has been a total of 916 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a woman in her 70s who acquired her infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since her arrival.
For information on exposure locations in SA visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDinterstate for information about interstate exposure locations.
South Australia COVID-19 total cases
- 1 new case today
- 0 people currently in hospital
- 8 active COVID-19 cases
- 3 overseas acquired
- 1 close contact
- 4 interstate acquired
- 916 confirmed cases in total
- 904 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 5,198 tests yesterday
- 2,354,072 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection eg, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
South Australian vaccination update
- 2,000,010 total vaccines administered in South Australia
- 76.7% first dose vaccinated
- 59.4% second dose vaccinated
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.