One new case of COVID-19 reported today, from a medi-hotel. A number of testing sites have updated operating hours this weekend. Information about the vaccine plan for South Australia.
Testing site update
A number of testing sites have updated operating hours this weekend due to the hot weather forecast.
Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 January:
- Victoria Park/Pakapakanthi drive-through - 6.30 am to 10.30 am, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Hampstead drive-through - 6.30 am to 10.30 am, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Repat drive-through - 6.30 am to 10.30 am, 6 pm to 9 pm
- Aldinga drive-through - 6.30 am to 10.30 am
- Port Adelaide drive-through - 6.30 am to 10.30 am
To check the opening hours or to find other alternative testing locations near you visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidtesting
The Commonwealth Australian Department of Health will be rolling out Australia’s COVID-19 vaccine. SA Health is working closely with the Department of Health to develop a vaccine plan for South Australia.
The vaccine will be first made available to South Australians in phases from mid-February.
Some key information about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- The first doses of the vaccine will be given to people who need it most.
- The vaccine will be free.
- The vaccine will be available for everyone in South Australia in a phased roll out.
- The vaccine will be voluntary.
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration assess the vaccine for safety, quality and effectiveness.
More information is available at www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDvaccine
There has been one new case of COVID-19 today. The case is a man is his 30s who recently returned from overseas and have been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
South Australia COVID-19 update:
- 1 new case today
- 6 active cases
- 3,755 tests yesterday
- 927,680 tests in total
- 594 confirmed cases in total
- 584 people recovered
- 4 deaths
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787 or visit SA Health