There have been two new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 today, as of 2:30 pm.
Both cases are men in their 60s who acquired their infection locally but are contacts of confirmed cases. A man in his 80s is in the Royal Adelaide Hospital’s COVID ward in a stable condition.
There is one new case identified in a medi-hotel. A man in his 50s acquired his infection overseas and his been in hotel quarantine since arriving in SA.
From 6:00 pm tonight, South Australia will enter a seven-day lockdown. Read more about Level 5 restrictions.
SA Health has identified a number of exposure locations associated with the Modbury cluster. To check if you have visited any of the locations of concern, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- 2 new cases today
- 5 total cases
South Australia COVID-19 update
- 3 new cases today
- 1 person currently in hospital
- 19 active COVID-19 cases
- 14 overseas acquired
- 4 close contacts
- 1 interstate acquired
- 839 confirmed cases in total
- 816 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 7,607 tests yesterday
- 1,721,149 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
South Australian vaccination update
- 738,647 total vaccines administered in South Australia
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.