There is one new historical case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There has been a total of 917 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a man in his 30s who acquired his infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival into South Australia. The case is not active but has been included in our case numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
For information on exposure locations in SA visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
South Australia COVID-19 total cases
- 1 new case today
- 0 people currently in hospital
- 8 active COVID-19 cases
- 3 overseas acquired
- 1 close contact
- 4 interstate acquired
- 917 confirmed cases in total
- 905 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 5,540 tests yesterday
- 2,365,193 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection eg, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
South Australian vaccination update
- 2,035,423 total vaccines administered in South Australia
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.