There are no new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 642 cases notified in South Australia.
SA Health is continuing to monitor COVID-19 in New South Wales and Queensland. For more information and the latest updates visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
South Australia COVID-19 update
- 0 new cases today
- 14 active COVID-19 cases, all overseas acquired
- 642 confirmed cases in total
- 624 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 1,901 tests yesterday
- 1,148,372 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787 | sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019
SA Health-administered vaccination update
- 218 vaccines administered yesterday
- 14,787 total vaccines administered to date
Phase 1b of the COVID-19 vaccine program commenced today. Eligible groups in 1b includes all remaining health care workers, adults over 70, critical and high-risk workers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults over 55 and people with a specified underlying medical condition.
The South Australian Phase 1b rollout plan outlines these groups and where they can access vaccination.
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
Phase 1a rollout continues concurrently with phase 1b, ensuring that the most at risk continue to be vaccinated.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.
COVID-19 response milestone
Today marks one year since the declaration of a Major Emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic in South Australia.
Under the declaration, staff across SA Health and other Government agencies have worked tirelessly to provide support and advice which has been fundamental in keeping South Australians safe.