There is one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There has been a total of 900 cases notified in South Australia.
The historical case is a woman in her 40s who acquired her infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since her arrival into South Australia. The case is not active but has been included in our case numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
For more information and a list of testing sites visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
South Australia COVID-19 total cases
- 1 new case today
- 0 people currently in hospital
- 6 active COVID-19 cases
- 5 overseas acquired
- 1 interstate acquired
- 900 confirmed cases in total
- 890 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 5,577 tests yesterday
- 2,218,246 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection eg, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
South Australian vaccination update
- 1,597,484 total vaccines administered in South Australia
- 64.5% first dose vaccinated
- 45.9% second dose vaccinated
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.