There have been two new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 568 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s cases are a male in his 70s who has recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
In addition, a male in his 20s returned a weak positive test but further serology results confirmed an old infection. However, as it is the first time he returned a positive test, the result will still be added to our overall case numbers. No further public health action is required.
NSW travel restrictions remain in place in SA. To view the list of NSW locations and testing requirements visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
South Australian COVID-19 cases
- 2 new cases today
- 4 active COVID-19 cases
- 5,007 tests yesterday
- 800,357 tests in total
- 568 confirmed cases in total
- 560 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787 or visit SA Health
For the upcoming public holidays, this daily report will not be published on covid-19.sa.gov.au unless new cases are reported.