There has been one new case of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 557 cases reported in South Australia.
South Australian COVID-19 Cases
Today’s case is a man in his 20s who is a close contact of a previously confirmed case. He remains in a medi-hotel.
- 1 new case today
- 39 active COVID-19 cases
- 6,822 tests yesterday
- 683,103 tests in total
- 557 confirmed cases in total
- 514 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
Genomics test results have returned this afternoon linking two people – one of which is today’s case – to the Parafield cluster. Both these people were previously believed to have overseas-acquired COVID-19 infections.
There is no additional risk to the public as the cases are linked to a medi-hotel staff member who has previously tested positive for COVID-19 and contact tracing has already been undertaken. As a precaution, we are undertaking additional testing at one of our medi-hotels for all staff and guests today.
There are various health alerts currently in place for a number of other locations. More details and advice can be found at SA health.
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787, SA Health/COVID2019