There is one new locally acquired case of COVID-19 reported today.
Today’s case is a male in his 80s, whose infection is linked to previously confirmed cases in the Modbury Cluster.
In addition, there is one case today, a male in his 50s, who has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival from overseas. This case is considered a historical infection however it has been added to our case numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
A man in his 80s and a woman in her 80s remain in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
All exposure locations and associated health advice relating to the Modbury Cluster can be found at: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- 1 new case today
- 19 total cases
South Australia COVID-19 total cases
- 2 new cases today
- 2 people currently in hospital
- 26 active COVID-19 cases
- 7 overseas acquired
- 18 close contacts
- 1 interstate acquired
- 857 confirmed cases in total
- 827 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
- 17,260 tests yesterday
- 1,839,601 tests in total
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting.
South Australian vaccination update
- 805,033 total vaccines administered in South Australia
South Australians can check their eligibility and locate a vaccination provider by using the Commonwealth Government vaccine eligibility checker.
For more information visit www.covidvaccine.sa.gov.au.