There have been no new cases of COVID-19 today. There have been a total of 456 cases reported in SA.
After further testing, a potential case under investigation yesterday has returned a negative result. There are now eight active cases in SA and 444 people have been cleared of COVID-19. There have been four reported deaths from COVID-19. More than 258,000 tests have been undertaken.
A new drive-through COVID-19 testing location has opened in Victoria Park/Pakapakanthi. It can be accessed via Wakefield Road and no bookings or GP referrals are required.
A COVID-19 health alert has been issued for locations in Salisbury Downs, Blair Athol and Kilburn in relation to a confirmed case of COVID-19.
For people who attended the below locations at the relevant times, there is a risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who attended these locations at the relevant times should immediately self-isolate for 14 days from the day they attended the location, and seek testing for COVID-19, even if they don’t have any symptoms.
- Sat 1 Aug (8.30pm – 9.30pm) - Fernwood Fitness, Salisbury Downs.
- Fri 31 Jul (5.00pm – 7.30pm) - Agha juice house, 317 Prospect Road, Blair Athol.
- Wed 29 Jul (5.00pm – 8.00pm) - Najafi Carpet Gallery, 5/392 Prospect Rd, Kilburn.
People who attended the below locations should monitor for symptoms and immediately self-isolate and get tested if they develop any symptoms at all, even if mild:
- Tue 28 July (evening) - School of Languages located at Roma Mitchell, Secondary College, Gepps Cross
- Thu 30 and Fri 31 July - Thebarton Senior College, Torrensville.
- Mon 27, Tues 28 and Wed 29 July - Walkers Arms Hotel, Walkerville.
People experiencing any of the following symptoms should be tested for COVID-19:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. symptoms of cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste