There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 602 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a woman in her 20s who returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since her arrival. The case is considered an old infection but has been added to our numbers as it has not previously been counted overseas.
In addition, genomic testing has returned on a previously confirmed case who had arrived from overseas. The genomic sequencing indicates the case is carrying the variant of COVID-19 which has emerged in South Africa.
For more information and the latest updates visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
South Australia COVID-19 update
- 1 new cases today
- 2 active COVID-19 cases
- 3,174 tests yesterday
- 978,287 tests in total
- 602 confirmed cases in total
- 596 people have recovered from COVID-19
- 4 COVID-19 related deaths
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
- Diarrhoea and vomiting
For more information: SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787 | sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019