To manage the public health risk posed by the outbreak of COVID-19 in Victoria, restrictions have been put in place.
From 12:01 am Wednesday 29 July:
- A cap of 100 people for funerals and weddings
- A cap of 50 for gatherings in private homes
- South Australians will no longer be able to return to SA from Victoria. Only essential travellers will be able to enter SA from Victoria.
- To be considered for cross border community travel, you must reside within 40 km of the border (currently 50 km).
The Public Activities COVID-19 Direction is now in effect.
It replaces the Emergency Management (Non-Essential Business and Other Activities No 7) (COVID-19) Direction 2020, which placed restrictions on specific types of business.
The Public Activities direction places conditions on businesses that conduct a number Defined public activities.
Businesses involved in a Defined public activity must complete a COVID-Safe Plan.
See Activities and gatherings for
- how businesses are affected
- definitions of Defined public activities
- businesses and activities that are still restricted
- businesses and activities that are excluded
See how to Create a COVID-Safe Plan.