Home Quarantine SA supports selected South Australians to quarantine safely in their home, providing a safe, sustainable and cost-effective alternative to medi-hotel quarantine.
The mobile app uses geolocation and facial recognition technology to ensure that people are compliant with their home quarantine direction and are where they are supposed to be. It provides a quarantine schedule and daily symptom checks, as well as access to health and wellbeing support and resources.
SA Health and the Home Quarantine SA team is supported by SA Police to ensure users are compliant with their quarantine requirements.
Who can use Home Quarantine SA
The Home Quarantine SA program has been extended to include eligible South Australians returning from interstate restricted zones.
Suitable travellers will be offered the opportunity to quarantine at home following the approval of their SA Health Travel Exemption application.
Find more information about eligibility for Home Quarantine SA in the Home quarantine SA common questions.
More information on how Home Quarantine SA will be used more broadly by returning South Australians will become available after the trial.
- Once approved, download Home Quarantine SA from the App Store or Google Play.
- Log in using the secure sa.gov.au account you set up as part of your SA Health Travel Exemption application.
- If you don’t have a sa.gov.au account, you will need to provide a mobile phone number and an email address to set up your secure account. You will need to verify your mobile phone number and email address while setting up the account. You may need to check your junk mail or span folder. You must complete all these steps in one go.
- Once you have logged in to your secure account, use your Unique Identifier Code to activate your Home Quarantine SA app. This is the code sent in your initial SMS and begins with ‘HQ’.
- Complete the Home Quarantine SA onboarding steps to begin your home quarantine.
- For more information, read the Home Quarantine SA common questions.
Home Quarantine SA app Privacy statement