Paid Pandemic Leave Scheme in SA
The South Australian Paid Pandemic Leave Scheme provides financial support to eligible South Australian workers who are required to self-isolate or quarantine because of a public health direction from SA Health and mandatory COVID-19 testing, and do not have access to paid leave or other income support.
The Scheme came into effect from 24 August 2020.
A single payment of $300 is available for eligible people who are part of a designated COVID-19 cluster.
Payments of up to $1,500 are available for eligible people who have been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine due to a public health direction or a positive COVID-19 test.
To be eligible for the single payment of $300, you (or someone you care for) must meet all these criteria:
- be part of a designated COVID-19 cluster (as notified by the Chief Public Health Officer or her delegate) starting on or after 24 August 2020
- have undertaken a COVID-19 test
- be required to self-isolate pending the test result
- have been scheduled to work during the period of self-isolation.
To be eligible for payments up to $1,500 (payable at $107 per day, up to 14 days), you (or someone you care for) must meet all these criteria:
- have been instructed by SA Health to self-isolate or quarantine for a defined period, starting on or after 24 August 2020, due to a public health direction or a positive COVID-19 test
- have been scheduled to work during the period of self-isolation or quarantine.
To check your eligibility and to apply, complete the Online Application Form.
The Australian Government is providing financial assistance to Australians to support them through COVID-19. This assistance includes income support payments, payments to support households and temporary early releases of superannuation.
Cost of living concession
A once-off boost of $500 is available to households who are receiving the Centrelink JobSeeker payment. This measure is to assist people who are unemployed or lose their jobs as a result of COVID-19. For more information including eligibility, visit the cost of living page.
A range of Centrelink information and services is available for customers who require payments or assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
International Student Support
On 21 April 2020, the South Australian Government announced a new $13.8 million support package for South Australia’s international education sector. The funding, which is part of the Community and Jobs Support Fund, is designed to support international students residing in South Australia impacted by the coronavirus restrictions.