Australian government payments and assistance.
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment – South Australia
A Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment – South Australia of up to $1,500 is available for eligible people who have been instructed by a health official (SA Health) to self-isolate or self-quarantine at home because:
- you have coronavirus (COVID-19)
- you’ve been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years or under, who has COVID-19 or who’s been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19.
You may also be eligible if you're caring for someone who has COVID-19.
You must also meet all of the following:
- you’re at least 17 years old and live in South Australia
- you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- you're unable to go to work and earn an income
- you have no appropriate leave entitlements, including pandemic sick leave, personal leave or leave to care for another person.
To check your eligibility and to apply, visit the Services Australia website.
Individual and household support
The Australian Government is providing financial assistance to Australians to support them through COVID-19. This assistance includes income support payments, payments to support households and temporary early releases of superannuation.
South Australian government support
SA COVID-19 Cluster Isolation Payment
The South Australian COVID-19 Cluster Isolation Payment is a single $300 payment to provide financial support to workers in South Australia who are required to self-isolate because of a public health direction from SA Health and mandatory COVID-19 testing, and do not have access to paid leave or other income support.
Important: If you have been tested for COVID-19 since 16 November 2020 as part of the Parafield Cluster, and meet the below criteria, you are eligible for this payment. Please complete the Online Application Form.
To be eligible, you (or someone you care for) must meet all these criteria:
- have undertaken a COVID-19 test
- be required to self-isolate pending the test result
- have been scheduled to work during the period of self-isolation
- have no access to paid leave or other income support
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a holder of necessary visa and work permits (temporary visa holders and international students)
- be aged 17 years or over.
To check your eligibility and to apply, complete the Online Application Form.
If you need assistance, please call (08) 8226 2500.
SA COVID-19 Cluster Isolation Payment – FAQs (DOCX, 88.2 KB) - 19 November 2020
SA COVID-19 Cluster Isolation Payment – FAQs (PDF, 353.7 KB) - 19 November 2020