Commonwealth and SA Government payments are available for eligible workers affected by COVID-19 outbreaks in South Australia.
You will only be able to receive one payment at any time. Before applying, please review the eligibility criteria for both payments carefully to find out which matches your situation.
Pandemic leave disaster payment
The Pandemic leave disaster payment provides:
- Support if you can’t earn an income because you have been directed by SA Health to self-isolate or quarantine due to a positive COVID-19 test (yourself, a close contact, or someone you care for tests positive to COVID-19).
- $1,500 each 14 day period (if you do not have other paid leave or support).
You must have been directed to self-isolate or quarantine by a health official for any of the following reasons:
- you have Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- you’ve been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years or under, who has COVID-19
- you care for a child, 16 years or under, who’s been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19.
You must also meet all of the following criteria:
- you're unable to work and earn an income
- you’re at least 17 years old and live in South Australia
- you’re an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- you have no appropriate leave entitlements, including pandemic sick leave, personal leave or leave to care for another person
- your period of quarantine is after 10 September 2020.
For more information on how to apply, visit the Services Australia website.
SA COVID-19 cluster isolation payment
A single payment of $300 available for eligible people who are part of a designated COVID-19 cluster and need to self-isolate while awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
You (or someone you care for) must meet all the following criteria. You must:
- have visited one of the declared exposure sites, between the indicated time periods, of the COVID-19 SA cluster from 21 August 2021 onwards – please see the SA Health website for a list of all exposure sites
- have undertaken a COVID-19 test
- have been required to self-isolate pending the test result
- have been scheduled to work during the period of self-isolation
- have no access to paid leave or other income support
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a holder of necessary visa and work permits (temporary visa holders and international students)
- be aged 17 years or over.
To check your eligibility and to apply, complete the Online application form.
If you need assistance, call 8226 2500.